Renting a Car Can Be a Confusing Process – This Article Can Help
Prior to renting your next car there are a few things that you should know. Lets start by remembering to compare two to three car rental companies before booking the reservation. This is an excellent plan if you want to get the right price on your next rental. As well, another excellent and wise cost saving move is to use a coupon code. With the power of the internet it is easy to find a plethora of coupons for even the biggest of companies like Avis Rent A Car, Hertz Car Rental and more.
Daily rate types:
Car rental rates vary between the many different companies. It all depends on the rental companies current daily rate offerings. The daily rates that are usually found include: being charged by the mile, having a limited amount of mileage per day or getting the unlimited mileage rate.
Keep in mind that sometimes a cheaper upfront rate will cost more in the long run, if you plan on driving heavily. So choose wisely, as getting the appropriate rate type can be an important factor in your overall cost.
Finding the right car can be confusing, just make note of the amount of people that will be riding in the car as well as the total amount of luggage. Once you have these figures you can easily find what you need.
Car rentals are most often described in the following categories Rent a Car Dubai:
1. “Economy”, this is the most basic and least expensive model. Seating 4 people and holding 1 large and 1 small suitcase.
2. “Compact”, is slightly costlier than an “Economy” car and will offer only a minor upgrade in car type. Still it will seat 4 people as well as hold 1 large and 1 small luggage.
3. “Intermediate”, these cars are usually priced right in-between the lowest to most expensive and can seat 5 people as well as 1 large and 2 small luggage.
4. “Standard”, is slightly costlier than an “Intermediate” and will offer only a minor upgrade in car type. Still it will seat 5 people as well as hold 1 large and 2 small luggage.
5. “Full Size”, they are the most expensive of the bunch. This car type can seat 5 people comfortably and has enough trunk space to hold 2 large and 2 smaller luggages.
Again, always be sure to check for special promotions or coupon codes which are readily available online to save even more. Sometimes you can even ask the rental car company in advance for special rates, they are often available.
Additional airport charge?
Because car rental companies have to pay airports additional fees, they usually transfer this cost over to the customer. So when getting a quote, ask about this and see whether it is already included or not.
Don’t forget the tax:
Remember when getting a quotation, Taxes are not normally included. Since this can add quite a bit to the end price you should double check if it was included in your quote.
What about insurance?
It is easier than you may have thought. Most car insurance companies (from your personal vehicle) will automatically insure the rental car (make sure to check with them first). However, if your personal car insurance company does not, or if you do not have personal car insurance then buying the insurance coverage is a good idea.
When making your reservation, follow these simple and easy tips and you can be one of the many to take advantage of the best rates offered by so many car rental companies today. So to do a quick rundown:
1. Do a price comparison and easily use the internet to obtain money saving coupon codes.
2. Check the daily rate types and pick the one that best suits your needs.
3. Pick the least expensive car category that your feel comfortable with.
4. Don?t be shy, and ask when it comes to those other hidden charges and taxes.
5. Determine if you need to purchase insurance.
6. Make the reservation.